Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Long awaited arrival of 12x12 barn

I have only arrived back from my visit to the farm this past week end where I had been there for a week

I had purchased the paint for the house from Sydney as it was cheaper here plus I could chose what paints that were required

As the lower section of the house was all in one, being the kitchen, dining room & lounge all the walls were in stained pine as was previously mentioned.

The paint I chose for the pine walls was a bit more expensive but will be easier for the painters to apply
We unloaded the paint onto the front veranda along with the implements required

I had arrived on the Saturday where the weather was fine to find the American Style barn had been delivered the previous Friday but as the men that were going to erect it had only been in the AM the barn had not been delivered till the afternoon.

The 2 men were to arrive on the Monday to start the erection but it rained to so hard the didn't arrive.
Same for the crane that was to lift the water tanks and locate them in their places.
On the Tuesday the men came back and started the erection of the barn.
It's amazing to see only 2 men erect this huge barn....
as soon as I can find my camera, I will add photos.......I think I may have left it up the property.

Wednesday was yet another rainy day so no work done that day either.
But come Thursday the men came and put in 2 solid days to complete the erection of the barn.

No comments: